Investing In The Shopping Experience - Improving Shopify POS
As you know, ever since we got back from the Shopify Unite Conference that took place in Toronto from June 18th to the 20th, we’ve been working feverishly to update you guys on some of the epic announcements made by Shopify about their products.
In their quest to make their customers’ shopping experience as smooth and seamless as they possibly can, Shopify shared that they were updating their Shopify POS, one of their applications that makes both the merchants’ and buyers’ experience a whole lot easier.
Through revamping Shopify POS, Shopify hopes that they can help direct-to-consumer brands foster a better relationship with their clientele. In the process, it serves as a great marketing strategy that will boost Shopify’s own branding as a modern business looking for solutions to contemporary shopping issues.
What Is Shopify POS?
Shopify POS is one of Shopify’s programs that helps direct-to-consumer companies conduct easy and smooth sale of their products. It is a mobile-friendly application that is used by over 100,000 merchants to advertise and sell their products at pop-up stores, markets, and in their physical stores.
It’s popularity is a clear indication that merchants are reaping the benefits that the application brings, and for good reason.
Still, Shopify has sought to make the experience even better for suppliers. Here’s how.
Revamping Shopify POS’s Design
Shopify announced that the application has been remodeled in order to meet the growing demands of the shopping universe. Now, users will notice that Shopify POS has a sleek design and is now compatible with all current apps, including the Shopify App, thus allowing merchants to benefit in the following ways.
- Less time spent on training staff to navigate the platform as it is easy to use, thus making for an easy workflow.
- Application automatically scales itself based on how big or small the merchant’s business is.
- Checking out a customer’s cart is now a whole lot easier and faster.
- If the need arises, monetary refunds or product exchanges are made a lot easier to administer and monitor.
- Improves logging of data and sales by synching the merchant’s inventory, orders, and customer information with the back office.
How App Extensions Benefit Merchants and Buyers
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest benefits that Shopify’s new features to this application bring to both merchants and consumers lays in their loyalty and promotion cart app extensions.
These extensions enable merchants to easily scan through a customer’s information when checking out in order to determine whether the buyer has any existing loyalty or promotion information. This helps to improve the customer experience as well as the efficiency of staff when checking out in two main ways:
- Customers will feel more valued and appreciated since the time required at checkout will be reduced by roughly 15 seconds. This also means that your staff will get the job done faster, improving work-efficiency.
- Since either loyalty or promo information will be easily accessible, staff save time by not having to sift through another area of Shopify POS.
How Developers Benefit From Shopify POS
Developers can now tap into the wealth of opportunities for building promotion and loyalty apps that is now made possible through Shopify POS cart app extensions.
Interestingly enough, they will not be limited to just in-store apps since they can also consider building these apps into cyberspace.
What’s more, developers can also boost users’ experience by adding new functionality to POS apps thereby making the experience all the more user-oriented.
All in all, we can expect the new developments surrounding Shopify’s POS to improve upon the existing customer-merchant experiences seen today and also give developers a platform to create even more exciting additions to the application.
Be sure to look out for an update from us as we find out more information about Shopify’s future projects. We already have some blog posts up offering insight on some of the other plans that Shopify has in store. Do check them out and let us know your thoughts - you can share them on our facebook page. Be sure to subscribe if you haven’t done so - catch you in our next update!